Trip Report WWW2004
W3C: semantic web phase 2
there were approximately 150 attendees.
- phase 2 is all about deployment
adobe and RDF:
- all adobe products are RDF enabled
- they call it XMP (eXtensible Metadata Platform)
- it provides information about a document, such as author, date and in case of a photography e.g. technical information about the camera etc.
- it is file format independent
- it is based on XML and a subset of RDF
- supports many different schemes including dublin core etc.
- lots of other companies / products support XMP including PDF
- for further information see www.adobe.com/products/xmp/
- users have business problems not knowledge problems
- once appropriately framed, support for metadata efforts and products has been quite positive
the slides of this presentation are avilable on the web
to the trip report main page
w3c_sem-web.html / 24-may-2004 (ra) / reto ambühler