Trip Report WWW2002
- the mobile Web is an extension to the existing Web, not a replacement
- the main issue is device capabilities in general and the form factor in particular
- semantic information is critical for a true device independent Web
to the top
- MMS is a transport protocol and a presentation language. the later (MMS SMIL) is based on SMIL V2.0. currently the maximum message size is 30 kB (will increase over time).
- first generation MMS are basically a slideshow - a set of slides played along a timeline
- MMS composition: create templates on a desktop and transfer them to a phone. compose MMS message by choosing a template and adding images and text to it on the phone.
- MMS delivery to non-MMS devices: convert MMS to WML on a gateway and send it via WAP gateway to a WAP phone
- next step (MMS V2.0): may support SVG which would allow to animate static images.
to the top
this was basically the same presentation as yesterday at the universal access session. however, today, they provided some more in-depth information.
|to the trip report main page|
this trip report was written on a Vadem Clio C-1050 running Windows CE with Pocket Word. It was then transferred to a DELL Latitude notebook and modified as needed. this page is valid HTML 4.01 transitional.